Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I Love About Today

I have been feeling a bit down in the dumps lately. I have personally known four people over the last three weeks or so that have died. All four of these people were under 35 years of age and it was separate incidents. My heart has been sad. So I have been trying to think of some things that I love about today so here goes

What I love about today

1. Tommy saying "Momma I had the best sleep last night"
2. Talking to an old friend Patti and hearing her say I am sorry for what you are going through and I am here for you.
3. Being completely honest with another human being
4. Ty Kubicek saying "Um excuse me Miss Kristina but I love you"
5. Hearing four children exchange " I love you's" without any prompting
6. Watching four children totally submerge themselves in shaving cream (well it was three children Ty thought we were nuts for doing it)
7. Waking up with a man that wants nothing more than a kiss goodmorning from me (even if I am a total crank)
8. I live in a happy home that is filled with God
9. That I have relationships today that are not based on what I can get out of them but instead what I can contribute (little did I know that when it comes from that I get so so so much in return)
10. I have a job that I feel good about
11. That I love so much about today and it is only 1:43 in the afternoon

I hope that those that are reading this will share with me somethings that they love about their day.

9 comments:

Jennifer Herring said...

I'm sorry... But I'm happy that you've found so many things to love about your day!

I LOVE that I got to work in Kaya's preschool on her very day!

Still praying for you!

DeAnna said...

I am so sorry for your losses Kristina, I am praying for you!

I love your post today! It made me smile!!

Katie Scott said...

Kristina--Good job for finding the happy things in your day to put a smile on your face!! I loved reading it!!!

I love picking Chloe up from grandma's house and seeing the big smile on her face when she sees me!

I love the fact that I have a mother-in-law who is willing to watch my kid so that I can work without having to pay for day care!!

I love watching Chloe crawl around our floor and get so excited about her toys.

Jennifer Herring said...

I just re-read my post... I meant "very first day"...

Andrea said...

I love that I am at home with my whole family under one roof today.

I love that we are all relatively healthy today.

I loved swimming with the kids in the sunshine today.

Paige said...

I love that my children are grown and I can sleep through the night!

I love that feeling I get when Winter hears my voice looks around and big smiles because she recognizes me.

I love that I have a job...even if I don't love the job itself!

Loss always brigns on such a complexity of emotion.... I pray that you can navigate it with the grace of the holy spirit in your heart....

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

The sun can shine through even the darkest of clouds... you've proven that! I love:

1. that there's two little miracles growing in my tummy, and that I can feel them moving now!
2. when Molly says "Mommy... love you much".
3. having my husbands long arms wrapped around me.
4. when I see the community of Christ rally around others in need and truly function as God's hands and feet.
5. that people actually pay me for my consulting work because it's so much fun I'd almost do it for free. Almost...

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I love that you love Ty Kubicek =)

I love Ty Kubicek...and Matt too (a lot)

I love that I have a job I really, really love doing

I love the work of parenting...every bit of it

I love my mom & dad, and my brother & sister

I love a lot of stuff...I could go on forever...but I'll stop here. Thanks for making me think of something I have rather than something I don't have today.