Sunday, June 3, 2007

Feeling really lucky today

Well Tony and I went to a fundraiser luncheon today and I have to tell you I am feeling pretty darn lucky today. This event was held in efforts to raise funds for a local community center that our friend Kacie is the executive director of (as many of you already know). She spoke today about how it takes a village to raise just one child. She also spoke about after the recent birth of her twin boys that she is a firm believer in it. Then she posed a question, If it takes a village to raise one child how many does it take to raise over 500 (this is how many the Greenhouse helps) kids that may only have one parent living in a one bedroom apartment with multiple families? It really got me thinking that whenever I may feel a bit frustrated because my three year old is exerting all of his will at least I am surrounded by an amazing village. I am sending many thanks to my village today. Even if you are a villager that lives far away you make an amazing difference. Love to you

5 comments:

Jen S. said...

Cute blog! I am also very grateful for the village of friends I have to raise Eben. I know Pete appreciates it. He doesn't have to hear as much venting. THank you for being a listening ear and a friend to laugh with.

Love,
Jen

Jenni said...

This is my first ever blog post. I feel so modern. :) Great message Kristina. We are all so lucky to have each other. Thanks for the great mom wisdom today at the event! Here's to the pending fourth birthdays; may they get here soon!!

Andrea said...

What a sweet message, Kristina. Thanks for sharing. I miss my village! See you guys soon.

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Hey Kristina!
I found your blog through DeAnna's. That's so great that you're doing one and I love how real you are in it! Sanctuary's moms definitely need to lean on one another. Anyway, I linked your blog to Molly's... I hope you don't mind!
Amy

DeDe said...

So I typed this sweet... thoughtful comment - only to realize I had to set up an account first... and when it came back - all that prose was just gone! So - let's see... I believe it said something like...
"I think I'm one of those 'villagers who are far away' - but I'm so thrilled to see you're blogging, because it will do wonders for making me feel closer to what's going on in your life! I love you dearly and miss you guys every day!"
Or something sappy like that... teehee!